You have a new shiny ring on your finger and a wedding photographer booked which means next up is your engagement session!! Now, I know as well as anyone that getting in front of the camera can be scary, especially when you’ve never done it before.
Heck, even as a wedding photographer, I still get so nervous when someone points a camera at me. But DO NOT FRET, friend!! I am here with my top 5 tips to get the most out of your engagement session! I’m a firm believer that your engagement session should just be another fun date night and a time to celebrate and sit in the love you have for one another and here’s exactly how to do that:
- Get rid of all pressure you feel to get the perfect model-esc photos, be you, your photographer will do the rest.
- Jam out to your favorite soundtrack on your way to your session! Get loose, get silly, get ready to have FUN with your person.
- Make it a Date Night!! Going into the city for your session? Plan a dinner date afterwards at a restaurant you’ve never been to!!
- Incorporate locations that have meaning to you!! Met on campus during your senior year? Let’s go take photos there! You love to go on picnics together? Pack up your best picnic basket, blanket, and bottle of champagne!
- Roll with the punches! If it starts pouring in the middle of your session, embrace it! You will look like you’re in a Nicolas Sparks movie! You trip and tumble over each other walking down the hill? Get ready to laugh at yourself… and each other!!!
Engagement sessions are seriously one of the most fun things you get to do while you’re in the crazy season of wedding planning! It’s a tangible representation of your love and your excitement to start the next chapter of life! Soak it in, have fun, and let the magic happen! And hey, if you need an engagement photographer who will make your session a freakin blast, shoot me an inquiry – can’t wait to chat with ya!