Looking for the best wedding venues in Iowa?! As a former bride, I know the stress and the pressure that comes with finding the perfect venue, in your budget, and locking down a date before there aren’t any left!
With the chaos of wedding planning, starting with such an important task can quickly become overwhelming! I feel you friend, but don’t worry, this blog is here to lay out all the important deets to help you find your dream venue for your Iowa wedding! Here’s a look into 10 of my favorite Iowa Wedding Venues as an Iowa Wedding Photographer!
Right smack dab in downtown Cedar Rapids is The HarMac – one of my all time favorite Iowa Wedding Venues. This Venue offers an industrial modern feel with exposed brick walls, so much natural light, historic metalwork, and gorgeous pillars.
Here are some quick facts and amenities you will LOVE at the HarMac
- Beautiful on-site getting-ready suites for BOTH of you
- Multiple ceremony location options
- Seating for 350+ Guests
- A finished rooftop perfect for photos or an outdoor ceremony (my personal fav for golden hour photos!)
- A beautiful bar with a huge liquor selection
- Complimentary tables, chairs, linens, and glassware
- 600 sq ft catering kitchen
- Half-price event design and 20% off in-stock decor with Unique Events
- The best staff ever!!
I have had wonderful experiences with the HarMac and their staff and cannot recommend them enough to make your wedding day dreams come true!
Here’s a deeper dive into a full wedding day at The HarMac!
Little Lights on the Lane is a gorgeous modern farmhouse wedding venue in Eastern Iowa. It offers an indoor-outdoor wedding day experience with multiple ceremony location options! Everything about the space is intentionally and thoughtfully designed and the team is passionate about helping you have a stress-free day! The venue is also surrounded by the Cedar Edge Golf Course – you already know that’s where the boys will be all morning!
Here’s a look into what you’re getting when you book at Little Lights on the Lane:
- Space for up to 300 guests
- Farmhouse tables and chairs
- Luxury getting-ready suites for him and her
- Weekday rehearsal options
- Free decor rentals
- Rain backup outdoor ceremony location
- No limitations on catering
- In-house bar service
There is no doubt that your day at Little Lights on the Lane will be anything short of a fairytale!
Willow on Grand is an absolutely beautiful modern, cottage-inspired venue in Des Moines, Iowa. The tall peaks, large beams, and natural light are just a few of the show-stopping assets of this venue. From the grand room to the cottage to the courtyard, you are guaranteed to have an elegant and timeless backdrop for your big day!
Here are a few amenities that Willow on Grand offers:
- Cottage bridal suite (seriously the cutest thing ever! I’m obsessed)
- Multiple ceremony location options
- Temperature-controlled 5,000 sq ft grand room for the reception of your dreams
- Outdoor courtyard complete with bistro lighting
- Conveniently located 7 minutes from downtown Des Moines
- Incredible natural lighting
- Catering prep kitchen
This venue is the epitome of timeless charm and elegance and might be the perfect fit for your modern wedding day!
The 1868 Farmhouse gives all that historic charm, being one of the oldest farmhouses in Boone County! This venue is family owned and operated by the most caring and helpful staff. This gorgeous venue offers three different outdoor ceremony locations and an indoor ceremony option to best accommodate exactly what you are looking for. From in front of the beautifully restored farmhouse to the gorgeous brick courtyards to the huge linen-draped reception hall, there are countless spots for beautiful photos of your big day!
Their ever-growing amenity list is one of the perks of this venue! Here are just a few:
- Brick courtyard that opens up to flower gardens (perfect for rehearsal dinners!)
- Beautiful wrap-around porch
- Bridal and groom getting-ready suites
- Climate controlled, 6,000 square foot Reception Hall
- Capacity for 300 guests
- 300 cross-back chairs
- Custom-built farm tables
- Outdoor patio with bistro lighting
- Custom grain bin bar with indoor and outdoor patio entrance
- Full-sized kitchen
- 150+ on-site parking spaces
- Friday – Sunday overnight access
The 1868 farmhouse is a gorgeous backdrop for any Iowa Wedding Day and you will feel incredibly cared for and valued by their amazing staff!
If you are dreaming of that high-class feel for your wedding day, The Surety is an amazing option! This Hotel is no average hotel – the lux suites are the most gorgeous backdrop for your getting ready photos and the foyer and lounge are perfect for the most elegant, vibey bridal portraits. Your ceremony will be one to remember in their greenhouse-style glass and brick conservatory AND as if that wasn’t all enough, enjoy your reception in the ballroom (that’s actually cute!!!) It’s also located right in the middle of downtown Des Moines so if you want some outdoor city and rooftop photos, everything is within walking distance!
On top of the amazing spaces, here are some more perks of booking The Surety for your wedding day:
- Menu tasting for the couple
- Suite accommodations for you and your love on your wedding night
- Special room rates for wedding guests
- Tables and linens
- Cake cutting services
There is so so so much I love about this venue! If you are looking for a unique and elegant space that exudes old-school romance, this is the spot for you!
A striking black modern barn with pine accents is the perfect backdrop for any modern and elegant wedding day! Eagles ledge offers the indoor-outdoor experience with an open and spacious dining room, a lighted outdoor patio, and a gorgeous outdoor ceremony location framed by a gorgeous pond. This venue is minimal and modern, allowing you to easily add your own flavor to your wedding day!
Here are just a few pros to booking with Eagle’s Ledge!
- Venue Manager on site all day
- Full bar services and staff
- In house catering
- Tables, chairs, and setup included
- Bridal suite and groom’s room
Eagle’s ledge is a beautiful one-stop-shop for your modern wedding day!
Harpor’s Vineyard will always have a special spot in my heart because it is where I GOT MARRIED!! Harpor’s Vineyard has a true indoor-outdoor experience. The Reception Hall is fitted with gorgeous french doors for your grand entrance where you can walk through the pavilion and down the stone path on the main lawn to meet your love at the altar, surrounded by the beautiful vineyard. This venue is gorgeous on its own and calls for little to no decoration! The staff is truly INCREDIBLE. They want the best for their couples and are genuinely invested in making your wedding day dreams come true.
As if all of the beautiful locations weren’t enough, here are a few more amenities at Harpor’s Vineyard:
- Open bar included
- Team coordinators
- Luxury getting-ready suites for both of you
- A gorgeous bridal courtyard
- Covered Pavilion for all types of Iowa weather
- Luxury accommodations house that sleeps up to 20 guests!
Harpor’s Vineyard is a romantic and elegant backdrop to your big day. I wouldn’t have done my own wedding day any other way! :’)
Located in the heart of picturesque downtown Pella, Iowa is Tamory Hall. A modern, historic, and elegant wedding venue full of brick walls, original hardwood floors, and gorgeous Windows. It is conveniently located right downtown which allows for beautiful photos along The Molengracht.
Here is a list of amenities you get when booking at Tamory Hall:
- Spacious Bridal Suite
- Lounge area with TVs and seating, perfect for the guys to hang out in
- Seating for 350 guests
- Tamory Hall Staff on-site during the event
- Tables, chairs, and linens included
- Catering Prep Kitchen
- Temperature-controlled space indoors for that unpredictable Iowa weather
If you are wanting a modern feel that still has historic charm, Tamory Hall might just be the perfect spot for you!
The Monroe is BRAND SPANKIN NEW to West Des Moines! Opening its doors in November of 2022, this venue is about all things luxury – and with the venue being named after the icon herself, Marilyn, luxury just makes sense! The Monroe offers an intimate chapel with wood beam vaulted ceilings, a charming courtyard with a wood pergola arbor, and a grand ballroom all with incredible potential for your dream ceremony! This venue embodies timeless beauty and elegant simplicity.
Need even more convincing?! Here are some more amenities you can’t pass up:
- Private suite
- Moody billiards room (such good vibes in here)
- The CUTEST In-house bar with bartenders and glassware
- Accommodations for up to 200 guests
- On-site prep kitchen
If luxury is what you’re going for, then The Monroe is calling your name! I can already tell this is going to be a hot spot for 2023 and 2024 Weddings!
If you’re looking for a ballroom that is actually CUTE and makes you feel like you’re in a fairytale, The Tea Room is it! Beautifully restored architecture and 16-foot ceilings in this 5,175 square-foot ballroom are nothing short of a jaw-dropper. This venue is full of neutral tones, creating a minimalist look perfect for you to add your own taste to your day. The venue exudes class and will literally never go out of style.
Here’s a quick list of some amenities you will love at The Tea Room:
- The Rose Room – a secluded VIP room complete with a bathroom, perfect for your bridal party!
- Seats up to 300 guests
- Balconies overlooking the downtown skyline (my personal fav and will probably be your favorite photos of the day)
- 14 floor-to-ceiling windows!!!!!!!
- Set up and tear down included
- Large stage with hardwood floors
- Tables, chairs, linens, napkins, chair covers, china, glassware, and flatware are ALL included!
- Bar service
- On-site event manager
- Professional commercial kitchen
The Tea Room is an absolutely gorgeous venue that will provide you with an elegant, timeless, and romantic backdrop to your best day yet.
So how do you choose the perfect wedding venue for your big day?
If you are scrambling around trying to find the best wedding venues in Iowa for your big day, I hope this list was helpful in breaking down the details of some of my favorite spaces! I also want to encourage you not to rush through this decision! Deciding where your wedding will take place will set the vibe for the entire day!
Here’s my advice:
- Go on real in-person tours!! This will allow you to envision YOUR wedding at the venue, see how the space flows, how it looks in real life and not just in edited photos, meet the staff, and ask all the questions you have to a real person (which we all know if better than scouring a website for answers!)
- Keep an eye on your budget and priorities!
- Think about what you want your photos to look like! Natural light, getting ready spaces, ceremony space options, outdoor photo spaces, etc. will significantly determine how your photos will look.
- Keep it fun! This is a time for celebration, even in all the decision-making! Go out on a lunch date before you run around to a few venue tours, go grab mimosas in the morning and bring your moms along, whatever will make this step the most enjoyable – do that!!
Wedding planning is hard but so worth it. If you ever need help or more advice, don’t hesitate to reach out, I’m an open book!
You got this friend!